What We Do
Make It Happen
1.2 million students spend their days in K-12 schools across Washington State. You can ensure they gain the skills and hands-on learning opportunities needed to be successful leaders. Our state depends upon the next generation… And Washington Green Schools is working with you to give them the tools they need to succeed.
Finance and Administrative Manager
Are you seeking a rewarding position where you can apply your accounting and organizational skills to support young people becoming leaders for the environment? Washington Green Schools is a nonprofit that guides and supports students, educators, and K-12 schools to advance environmental sustainability in their communities. We seek an experienced finance and administrative professional to join our enthusiastic team.
The Finance and Administrative Manager will provide essential support to our Executive Director, staff, and Board or Directors to ensure the organization’s continued growth and impact. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in non-profit finance, strong organizational skills, and a track record of professional success. Washington Green Schools offers a collaborative, flexible work environment and a commitment to staff members’ growth.
Finance and Accounting
- Complete all bookkeeping and ledger activities, including but not limited to bank reconciliation, invoicing, grant billing, payroll, insurance, and cash flow projections
- Assist with financial projections, budget development, and grant applications
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Attend monthly Finance Committee meetings
- Coordinate with external accountant to complete tax reports and filings
- Research, analyze, and resolve finance-related problems or questions
- Manage improvement of finance policies and procedure
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports as requested
- Perform general administrative tasks to support office operations
- Monitor and order office supplies and manage vendors as needed
- Serve as point of contact regarding IT systems, tools, and support
- Support the Board’s administrative needs, including meeting scheduling and record keeping
- Collaborate with staff in making key decisions affecting the organization
- Participate in meetings, attend events, and support fundraising as needed
- Contribute to the growth and overall success of the organization
Washington Green Schools is a small organization and all employees are expected to perform tasks outside of their job description from time to time.
- 3+ years of background in non-profit finance, bookkeeping, and organizational operations
- Experience with payroll and agency contracts
- Proficiency with QuickBooks online and MS Office suite
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional integrity and attention to detail
- Commitment to WGS’s mission and work
The Finance and Administrative Manager is a ¾ time, salaried position with a flexible, mutually agreed upon schedule, averaging 32 hours per week. Compensation depends on experience and includes a generous stipend toward medical benefits and paid vacation time.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest as one document in Word or PDF format outlining 1) your experience with the requirements listed above and 2) why you are a good fit for this position. Email all materials to hr [at] wagreenschools.org with the subject “Finance and Admin Manager.” Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin January 7. No phone calls please.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Washington Green Schools embraces diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, gender expression, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Washington Green Schools is committed building a diverse workforce and encourages people of color to apply to join our team.