Make It Happen
1.2 million students spend their days in K-12 schools across Washington State. You can ensure they gain the skills and hands-on learning opportunities needed to be successful leaders. Our state depends upon the next generation… And Washington Green Schools is working with you to give them the tools they need to succeed.
Job Opening: Program Coordinator
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Are you seeking a rewarding position where you can apply your experience as an educator and advance your commitment to environmental sustainability and social justice? Washington Green Schools (WGS) seeks a creative and organized Program Coordinator to join our experienced program team. WGS offers a collaborative and flexible work environment and a commitment to staff members’ wellbeing and growth.
Washington Green Schools is a nonprofit organization focused on advancing environmental literacy, action, and justice through educational programs for K-12 schools. We seek a talented science educator to help us develop and deliver environmental education and action programs to educators and school communities across Washington. This person will contribute to the success of WGS’s programs and partnerships and help advance WGS’ commitment to equity.
The Program Coordinator will play a significant role in Washington Green Schools’ educational programs, including program delivery and development, teacher training, school support, and evaluation. As a member of a small organization and collaborative team, this position will also assist with other activities, such as fundraising. The Program Coordinator is a full-time position who reports to the Program Manager.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of professional experience in environmental education, including in a school setting. Strong applicants will have experience delivering professional development to teachers from K-12 schools and be comfortable using technology as a teaching tool. A work history that includes addressing issues of social and environmental justice is also desired.
Download job posting description as a pdf
- Plan, develop, and lead trainings and other events for educators, school leaders, and community partners
- Recruit attendees and manage logistics, such as registration, materials, and participant surveys
- Support attendees after events and throughout the year to ensure successful implementation of programs
Program Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Contribute to and deliver high-quality, place-based, environmental science education programs linked to academic standards
- Help develop educational resources that engage students in environmental justice and climate change
- Implement evaluation tools and analyze data
- Help manage program and evaluation data using Salesforce and Excel
- Build relationships with educators, both online and in person
- Customize program resources to meet schools’ unique needs
- Make connections and facilitate community partnerships to support success
- Collaborate with staff to inform WGS’s strategic directions and growth
- Represent the organization with stakeholders and in the community
- Assist with fundraising activities and organizational development
Washington Green Schools is a small organization and all employees are expected to perform tasks outside of their job description from time to time.
- Commitment to WGS’s mission and work
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, education, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of environmental education experience
- Track record of collaborating with diverse communities
- Excellent communication skills, especially with public speaking
- Creative, innovative, and adaptable
- Self-directed, organized, and attentive to details
- High emotional intelligence, with a growth mindset
- Tech savvy, especially with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel in Washington state
- Teaching credential/experience or master’s degree in environmental education, natural sciences, or related field
- Professional experience around issues of equity and social justice
- Familiarity with Washington state
- Knowledge of Washington State Learning Standards, especially in the Next Generation Science Standards
- Enthusiasm for quantitative data; Salesforce experience a plus
- Experienced with program evaluation
- Spanish language proficiency
The Program Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position with a salary of $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience. Compensation includes full medical/dental/vision benefits, 10 paid holidays, and 20 additional vacation days. Washington Green Schools’ offers a flexible work environment with an office in the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle. Candidates based in other areas of Washington state are welcome to apply.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter as one document in Word or PDF format outlining 1) your qualifications and experience as relevant to the job and 2) why you are interested in the position. Email all materials to email@example.com with the subject “Program Coordinator.” Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin August 17, 2020. No phone calls please.
Washington Green Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to racial equity, and we encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.
Download job posting description as a pdf