Make It Happen
1.2 million students spend their days in K-12 schools across Washington State. You can ensure they gain the skills and hands-on learning opportunities needed to be successful leaders. Our state depends upon the next generation… And Washington Green Schools is working with you to give them the tools they need to succeed.
STEM Seminar: Climate Change and Human Health (Virtual)
A virtual 3-part professional development opportunity for 6-12 teachers in ESD 105.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 | 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Come learn with Washington Green Schools in this virtual professional development opportunity. Participants will have a chance to authentically engage with activities and experts as they grow their understanding of the local impacts of the changing climate and human health.
- Analyze and interpret recent climate science data with Dr. Kat Huybers, a climate scientist and lecturer from the University of Washington.
- Model the relationship between global climate change and local environmental and social impacts.
- Explore possible solutions to environmental challenges that you and your students can partake in at home and at school.
Participants will receive seven clock hours from Washington Green Schools and an implementation stipend from ESD 105 for the course upon completing the Zoom sessions and class assignment.